Header Ads

ad

RFK Jr. Minnesota Autism Fraud Bust: $90M Scheme

RFK Jr. Minnesota Autism Fraud Bust: $90M Scheme
⚡ BREAKING NEWS / FRAUD BUST
📅 May 23, 2026 🇺🇸 Politics & Justice by Qalamkaar 🕒 Updated: 10:30 AM ET

Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. stood before cameras in Minneapolis and made a stunning announcement. "The largest autism fraud bust in American history."

The Department of Justice has arrested and indicted 15 people in Minnesota for a massive fraud scheme involving $90 million in Medicaid funds. The money was stolen from programs meant to help homeless individuals, children with autism, and people with disabilities.

One patient who was supposed to receive round-the-clock care — but didn't — was later found dead. Here's what we know about the case, the political fallout, and what comes next.

⚡ What Happened: The $90 Million Autism Fraud Scheme

The Department of Justice unsealed indictments against 15 individuals in Minnesota. The charges stem from a years-long fraud scheme targeting Medicaid programs for vulnerable populations.

📊 By the Numbers:
• $90 million – Total Medicaid fraud
• 15 people – Indicted
• 5,600 providers – Being revalidated
• 40% – Providers who haven't responded adequately

According to Assistant Attorney General Colin McDonald, the accused stole money intended to house homeless individuals, provide services for children with autism, and help people with disabilities live independently.

Two defendants were accused of paying kickbacks to parents who brought their children to autism centers. Children were diagnosed with autism "regardless of medical necessity." Then, the centers billed for services never provided.

🔥 Why This Minnesota Medicaid Fraud Bust Matters

The Trump administration is using this case to apply pressure on Minnesota's governor, Tim Walz — the 2024 Democratic vice presidential nominee. CMS Administrator Mehmet Oz said Minnesota's government had not done enough to prevent the fraud.

CMS has already withheld more than $300 million in Medicaid payments to Minnesota this year. In January, the agency sought to withhold $2 billion — a move it had never used before.

Walz pushed back in a statement, saying people who commit fraud in Minnesota "get caught and go to prison." His administration notes that it stopped payments to some of the businesses involved more than a year ago and has already opened investigations into 11 of the 15 people charged.

🎯 Key Takeaways – RFK Jr.'s Autism Fraud Bust

  • Largest autism fraud bust in US history: RFK Jr. announced the indictment of 15 people for a $90 million Medicaid scheme in Minnesota.
  • Vulnerable populations targeted: The stolen funds were meant to help homeless individuals, children with autism, and people with disabilities.
  • One patient died: A patient who was supposed to receive round-the-clock care — but didn't — was later found dead, according to prosecutors.
  • Political battle with Walz: The Trump administration is using the case to criticize Governor Tim Walz's oversight of federal funds. CMS has withheld over $300 million from Minnesota.
  • Minnesota pushes back: Walz's administration says it cooperated with federal investigators and stopped payments to the fraudulent businesses more than a year ago.
  • Nationwide implications: CMS is now going after Medicaid fraud in other states, including a $1.3 billion deferral for California over hospice fraud allegations.

📋 What's Next in the Fraud Investigation

Minnesota has agreed to revalidate all high-risk health providers by May 31, 2026. Of the 5,600 providers being reviewed, 40% have not responded or gave an inadequate response as of May 7.

CMS is also starting to go after Medicaid funding in other states. It announced a $1.3 billion deferral for California earlier this month, alleging the state hasn't done enough to go after fraud among hospice providers. California says the accusation is untrue and political.

The agency has imposed a nationwide requirement for all states to report what their Medicaid fraud control units are doing. CMS is also asking states to draft plans to revalidate providers of fraud-prone services.

❓ RFK Jr. Medicaid Fraud Bust – Your Questions

1. What did RFK Jr. announce in Minnesota?
Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. announced the largest autism fraud bust in American history. Fifteen people were indicted for a $90 million Medicaid fraud scheme in Minnesota.
2. How was the Medicaid money stolen?
The accused paid kickbacks to parents who brought children to autism centers. Children were diagnosed with autism "regardless of medical necessity," and the centers billed for services never provided.
3. What is the political angle to this case?
The Trump administration is using the case to criticize Minnesota Governor Tim Walz (the 2024 Democratic VP nominee) for poor oversight of federal funds. CMS has withheld over $300 million in Medicaid payments to Minnesota.
4. Is this happening in other states?
Yes. CMS recently announced a $1.3 billion deferral for California over alleged hospice fraud. The agency is also requiring all states to report on their Medicaid fraud control efforts.
✍️ Written by Qalamkaar – delivering unbiased political analysis, breaking news, and real truth since 2025. No spin. Just facts.
🇺🇸 If this story matters to you, share it. Qalamkaar: news you can trust.

© 2026 Qalamkaar — RFK Jr. Minnesota Autism Fraud Bust | Medicaid Fraud Scheme News

```

No comments